Friday, May 14, 2021

Saddle Mtn. Brewery, Goodyear. Wow--a broken hip recovery and came through a pandemic. They felt like the same thing--quarantine--to me. Now I'm at the lowest-security unit, Eagle Point. I spent three mos. just doing office work (lots of lit. rdg) but am now taking my inmates through Don Quixote. I took a Spanish course last summer; this summer'll be German, the Queen Mother of all the Germanic langs I've studied. Rick, Ricky, R, r is working at Dunkin' Donuts & liking it. He's better abt his anger and refusal to do things my way--or I am better or we both are. He will do things my way that he sees but not as he hears. Images are more effective teachers than words, I guess. I can no longer mark papers for my college sts while at my prison job, due to dual-verificaiton, so that's why I've printed up my 102 paers (only tchg one class this sem.) and come here to mark them. Reading Spanish Bible (RVR1960) every day & The Counte of Monte Cristo. No exercise except easy bike rides--still love it. Still at First United Methodist Church, Mesa, but only online and only Sunday School and the 2nd service w/ Steven Anglin, Gary Nelson, John Paollenelli--this is probably my best spiritual nourishment. Wishing I had my THINK pen with me. Will have it Monday. This is the first time I've been out during the pandemic, first time out in ~ a year! For the first time ever, I'm keeping a budget w/ varying degrees of to it, and worshipping it. I don't like confessing sin here--sorry about my notes about cheescake looking before--so I will just say that I have spent too much time thinking aobut my budget. I sleep 10 hours a night almost every night and go to bed at 8:00 (!) ever since I broke my hip. Good for me! I commend myself for not staying up late & pulling out rest and escape and depth like I used to. Even Rick got into a good habit of going to bed very early before he got his job. Wonder if I set a good example. Today I took a half day because he's more apt to go to school if I'm at home, yea though he got up and started making eggs at 5:00 today. First semester he got all A's, me at home; this, two D's and an F (Algebra). My next rdg is 1001 Arabian Nights, as long as I am in the mode of fantasy. See you but not be you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment